Sunday, July 27, 2014

Post Op Day 4 and Home Bound!

NS was in this morning and very happy with progress! As far as they are concerned, she can head home. My only concern is eating. Once she shows me that she can can eat a decent amount and keep it down, I will sign off on discharge as well. 

I am quite amazed how well she can move her neck. I had not expected this much progression this quickly. I suppose that speaks to the necessity of the at home PT exercises.

Her pain seems to be very well controlled with the oral pain meds, incision looks wonderful and her spirits are high. For breakfast, we ordered a variety of food. Evidently her appetite has somewhat returned. She ate a whole donut, 1.5 sausage links and some cereal. That made me feel so much more comfortable!  Now, as long as she can keep it down we will head home.

A shower is in order so we know how to wash her hair and around her incision. Then lunch, then home!

Oh yeah, we promised one more trip to the playroom on the way out. That will be where we can be found while DH is stuck packing the car. :)

1 comment: