Friday, July 18, 2014

Germaphobia

One thing I had not expect, was level of germaphobia that would consume me it gets closer to surgery.  I fear that G will get sick just before or after surgery and either cause a delay or complications post-op. As much as I do not want the 23rd to get here, I do want to get it over with.  If a delay became necessary, my level of insanity would become public knowledge. We are limiting her trips to places that are known to have the most germs. Further trips to the store and public restrooms will have to wait a month or so!

Earlier in the week, I put some of my germaphobia away and took her school shopping.  I am usually the parent who dreads the school supply list because it means the kiddos are going back to school.  Honestly, I think I am in the minority of parents...I want to hang out with the kids later in the evenings and not worry about alarm clocks. I know, I know, give me a few years and I will mark time until school starts. But this year, I was so glad that the stores had their school supplies out early.  If we had waited until after we returned, I don’t think G would have felt up for picking out her new backpack.  So, we decided to do it in advance of the surgery date.  Just one more thing marked off the to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment